Virtual Reality is the first mission in Anomaly 2 that the player will play as First Lieutenant Simon Lynx.
- It is now 2034. Convoy Yukon is on the move. Civilians search the frozen wasteland for supplies. Soldiers continue their training. For you, Lieutenant Lynx, there is a new weapon to master: the Combat Suit.
- "We are survivors of the war. Banded together in huge convoys, we search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. My convoy is called Yukon. I started training with the simulator to get the hang of the Combat Suit - the greatest military toy since gunpowder." - First Lieutenant Simon Lynx, 4213 miles north of the Anomaly.
- (+) New
- (*) Cinematic only
|Initial Squad||Initial Carusaurum||Initial abilities||New Tech Analyses|
THE FOLLOWING CONTENTS MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS. EXPAND AT YOUR OWN RISK
Colonel Ellen Bolt
- First Lieutenant Simon Lynx. This is Colonel Ellen Bolt, Commander of Convoy Yukon.
- I'll be the one who's training you. I need you to be in full command of the Special Mission Unit.
- Let's get started, Lynx. This is your tactical map, On it, and only on it, you can choose your squad's path.
- You start here, near the three training towers.
- You can change your squad's route on each cross road.
- To do that, just click on an arrow until it turns the way you need.
CLICK THE DESIGNATED ARROW TO CHANGE A ROUTE
- Now plan a route that leads you to the safe zone.
SETTING THE ROUTE SET A ROUTE TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE SAFE ZONE
- Good. The simulation starts now.
- These are the Assault Hounds - the pride of the convoy.
- Assault Hounds start with a low fire rate and minor damage capability.
- But if they keep firing, their rate of fire increases.
- To inflict more damage, keep your squad firing.
- The round indicator over the Assault Hound displays its firepower.
- This is the tech analysis of the vehicle.
- Keep alert, the situation changed.
- Now the towers are hiding between buildings on both sides of the road. I strongly suggest you morph your squad into Hell Hounds.
MORPH ALL YOUR ASSAULT HOUNDS - DOUBLE CLICK ON A UNIT TO MORPH IT
- This is a Hell Hound, designed for urban warfare. It's equipped with two independant flamethrowers.
- There you have it. Hell Hounds are effective in close quarters combat.
- Ignore the tremors. We're catching some heat out here in the real world, but we got it covered. Focus on your training.
- You're coming up to a fork in the road. Which one the squad takes is all up to you.
- You can change your squad's path now.
LAY OUT THE SQUAD'S ROUTE. WHEN YOU'RE DONE, CLOSE THE TACTICAL MAP USING 'MMB' OR 'CTRL'
- Remember - you can morph your units into different forms whenever you need to.
- Although you may want to destroy all towers it's not always necessary for the success of your mission.
PRESS 'SHIFT'/'RIGHT SHIFT' TO SPEED UP THE SIMULATION
- Good job. This part of your training is finished.