The Assault Hound has considerable firepower and good range. Its rate of fire increases when firing and reaches maxium power after twelve seconds. Its cannon cool down quickly though, so you constantly keep enemies in its path. The units' rate of fire should be considered high.
|Level 1||150||195 (+45)||110 (+10)||70|
|Level 2||300||285 (+90)||130 (+20)||70|
|Level 3||600||420 (+135)||160 (+30)||70|
Morph into: Hell Hound
- High Rate of Fire.
- Good armor, damage, range.
- Effective in open combat at mid-range.
- Needs approx. 12 seconds to reach its maximum damage output.
- Vulnerable when attacked from both sides.
- Assault Hound, just like Hell Hound, has very high Rate of Fire. Thus not recommended to use them against Chargers.
- One can bypass Chargers without selling Assault Hounds by Morphing between Assault Hounds and Hell Hounds repeatedly, and let Rocket Hammers (or any other slow-firing unit) do the job.
- Assault Hound has roughly the same range as the Predator.
- Assault Hounds are referred as "The Pride of the Convoy" by Colonel Ellen Bolt.